Big News from Geyser!
While the Geyser cricket machine has been hibernating for winter, the Geyser committee have been busy working away on plans for the coming season and the next pieces of our club journey. With that in mind I am excited to announce 6 big bits of news for the club.
1. Geyser has broken new ground and has officially employed their very own Club Administrator! Please welcome Leanne Stewart, who joins us to help expand our junior and senior cricket programs and will help us take the club to the next level. You will see a lot of Leanne over the coming months so please all extend a huge welcome to Leanne.
2. Our winter Geyser Cricket Academy for secondary school age players is now officially off the ground. We have 31 players from year 8-13 signed up, many of who are already playing indoor cricket under the Geyser name. The next phases of this program including coaching and strength and conditioning are about to kick off in the next few weeks.
3. The indoor net finally loses its rough hockey turf floor with new turf to be laid in the coming weeks. This is the last piece of the puzzle for the indoor net which is great news.
4. We have also been able to lock in funding for more specialist coaching with Sam Owen from Tauranga. Sam will be providing skills coaching for all our club members including the academy players over the next few months. Leanne will be organising the sessions for this, so please look out for the upcoming posts and be sure to get your name on the list.
5. Fees. We are also well ahead of the game this year and have fundraised the money for all of our competition fees for the coming season. This takes a lot of pressure off the club as we move forward.
6. Geyser gets its own website! Work is currently underway on a brand new website and club management system called Friendly Manager. This will transform how we run the club, and Geyser will be officially on the web!
I would like to put out a big thank you to our funding partners, NZCT, and Pub Charity who have helped us make the above possible, and to everyone who has helped organise these initiatives. But wait, there is more to come…….
See you all over the coming months, and as always Go Geyser.